Friday, March 25, 2011

Product Review: Consonant Organic Hand Cream & Organic Body Soap


Intensive Therapy Organic Hand Cream

Consonant is a Toronto-based skincare company that both men and women alike will fall in love with! I was so excited to write about these guys 'cause I use them, gift them, and recommend them! I still remember when I first tried this organic hand cream, I said to my co-worker, "oh my god, this feels like a mousse, I wanna eat it!". Thank goodness I didn't however. This product is something I definitely recommend to anyone who has dry, chapped skin. Great for those who are constantly washing their hands, since I found this hand cream to be extremely moisturizing and have a great emollient texture. It slathers on nicely and gives you that feeling of a shield on your skin, which is great in aiding to protect the skin from environmental factors. Included in their wholesome ingredient list you will see vitamin e, soothing chamomile, rosemary, ginseng extracts and is also fortified with mineral-rich algae. Another great bonus for those of you who are not fans of something fragrant, this hand cream is unscented!  

Available at:
Pistachio, 2433 Yonge St., Toronto, On 416-322-9451
Big Carrot Natural Food Market, 348 Danforth Ave., Toronto, On 416-466-2129


Organic Body Soap



I have finally found the bar soap that I am going to be using 'till kingdom come! Funny thing is that it was Consonant's bar soaps that got me back to using bar soap in the first place. I grew up using bar soap all the time and hated it, so I eventually switched to body washes 'cause I loved the silky texture and feel of it on my skin. Well, I'll be damned this is the first bar soap I can say that doesn't dry out my skin and it smells delicious! These rectangular-shaped bar soaps come wrapped in tissue paper and will last you for months. They also come with a little loofah disc which you can rest your soap on when you're not using it to prevent it from getting all goopy. My favourite scent, Vanilla Clove has organic vanilla, buttermilk and honey with organic clove oil, its smells like your bathing in a luxurious vanilla chai latte! Mmmm, I think I might be getting hungry! These soaps contain ingredients such as organic olive oil, natural-occurring glycerin's, spring water, beeswax and mineral-based pigments. They also have a limited edition soap called Help Some-Body Soap where 100% of the proceeds goes to aid Sleeping Children Around The World. Other scents available: Goat's Milk, Organic Olive, Prairie Grains and Spearmint & Sage.        

Available at:
Pistachio, 2433 Yonge St., Toronto, On 416-322-9451
Big Carrot Natural Food Market, 348 Danforth Ave., Toronto, On 416-466-2129

No comments:

Post a Comment